Roverland Parts Forum Roverland Parts Forum LR3 Replacement Transmission needed for 2006 Land Rover LR3

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emory Day 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

funnyguy
    Participant

I am currently living in Ethiopia and shipped my 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE here. As soon I got it, it stopped working. I had it serviced in VA prior to shipping and never had a problem with it at all. After 2.5 months of troubleshooting a Transmission Fault message on the dash thinking it was a simple electrical issue, I finally gave in and had the mechanics look at the transmission. The transmission is completely burnt up with no pieces salvageable.

First question is how could this have happened? What could have been done incorrectly during a 90,000 mile service that could have caused my tranmission to burn up?

Second question is where can I get a new (professionally rebuilt) transmission?

Thanks for any help.

Emory Day
    Keymaster

Hey funnyguy,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, that really stinks, I wouldn’t know what could have done that to your transmission, honestly it could be tons of things. But on getting you a replaced transmission, we have some in stock, Do you have a 4.0L V6 or a 4.4L V8?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.